Sunday, December 22, 2013

Pinterest-inspired menu

Maybe it's the unseasonably warm weather here in Baltimore (just the way I like it), but I'm feeling ambitious about being ambitious.  My mother is coming into town after Christmas, and I think I'll use that as an excuse to cook.  And I'm going to use Pinterest to come up with a meal plan!

I have two boards dedicated to gluten-free foods: one with [lacto-ovo] vegetarian recipes (though I've pinned plenty of awesome vegan goods there!) and one with fish & meats.  And don't forget to check out my beverage board!

So what's in the running?

For a vegetable/side, maybe this oven-roasted Parmesan broccoli:

or this garlicky peppered kale:







I'm still not sure what to do for a main dish, because my mom and I don't like a lot of the same foods and, well, neither of us are skilled home chefs.  I'm eyeing this chickpea curry -- but with plain greek yogurt instead of coconut (yuck!) -- or maybe just a good 'ole asian-style vegetable stir-fry.   And we haven't even gotten to dessert! Hmmm, decisions, decisions...


No comments:

Post a Comment