All around, Talara was fabulous. And did you know they have a gluten free menu?! Yes, they do folks, and they are happy to accomodate. We loved our server, Monica, who was prompt, helpful, and personable. My gluten-eating-able friend and I decided to order gf and split everything, and here is what we got:
- Mojitos -- delicious, but small for the price. but we love mojitos so whatever.
- Chips w/ guacamole -- just guac is not on the menu, but you can order it for $3
- 'Double' Ceviche: Avocado+Corn with yellowtail, and Fire+Ice with tuna. -- the Fire & Ice ceviche was incredible. It's described as very spicy but we thought it was just right...keep in mind we like spicy food.
- Cuban Sushi Roll without Ponzu sauce -- This was our absolute favorite thing. It is not on the gf menu, but I suspected it was just the sauce. Our server and the manager checked with the kitchen, and surely enough it was perfectly gf without the ponzu. My friend got a ramekin of it on the side, and while yummy, didn't think it 'made' the dish or anything.
- Chile-rubbed Salmon -- comes with green-beans and cassava/potato-like things in a buttery sauce. Good sized portion...we were glad we shared!
Enjoy, dear gf diners and friends!
Have you been to Talara? What did you think? Leave a comment!