Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sunday Adventures

Today was a pretty swell sunday, in many respects, except gf-food-wise. The Sowebo Arts & Music Festival was a jam, but the taunts of funnel cake and pita sandwiches and bloomin' onions weighed heavy on my soul. Even the advertised promise of vegan food turned out to be a stand of gluten-ous baked goods. So, I stuck with a refreshing lemonade.

Then it was off to score some free/by-donation vegetarian lunch at the Hare Krishna festival! Cult, religion, whatever you want to call it...I don't discriminate against the handers-out of free food. I had the white rice and paneer, but had to steer clear of the farina-sugar-concoction thing. Yummy yum yum!

As some of you know, I'm in the process of moving. I normally have nothing much in the house to eat, but lately it's just hilarious. With a little creativity, I was able to pull together a surprisingly delicious snack from my housemates' leftovers: beets, walnuts, and parmesean cheese, drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette. I just finished gobbling it up... and think I'll chase it down with the ice cream I'm off to pick up from the store!

Till next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment