Sunday, June 5, 2011

Philadelphia [gluten] phreedom

This weekend, I am back in South Jersey/Philadelphia, and letting the gluten-free-good-times roll.  Last night, my mom was kind enough to cook me up some Conte's* cheese ravioli (with Wegman's vodka sauce); then, she and some friends went to the gluten free mecca that is Pasta Pomodoro without me!

However, I quickly forgot when I arrived at Paesano's in South Philly's Italian Market this morning for their Giardini hoagie on a gluten free roll.  I had been waiting SO long since I moved away from Philly to get this special vegetarian sandwich: On one trip, Paesono's was closed for moving and the next time I got there 10 minutes after closing! Super sad face.  So, this time, I made sure to get there within its opening hour. Though I was disappointed by it's small size relative to my friend's gluten-ous hoagie, it was still awesome!  Now I'm just thinking about where to go for dinner... I'll keep you posted!

*To see if Conte's gluten-free pasta products are sold near you, contact: 1-800-211-6607

No comments:

Post a Comment