Tuesday, November 29, 2011

An ode to Katz Gluten Free Cinnamon Rugelech, in haiku form:

Oh, I'm in love with
Such a yummy, crunchy treat;
So friendly* to eat.


* allergen/intolerance friendly: gluten, dairy, nut, & soy- free; kosher pareve


--     --     --     --     --     --     --     --     --     --     --     --
I first had these pastries of joy when visiting a vitamin/health food shop near my grandpa in Central Jersey.  So for Thanksgiving this year, I asked him to pick me up some and bring it to our dinner.  He got them (Thanks, G-pa!) but unfortunately forgot the package(s) at home.  However, he delivered them to my mom later that weekend!  In fact, I delayed my drive back to Baltimore partly so I could depart with these in tow.

A quick scan of their website shows several flavors of rugelech as well as other allergen-free sweets. Best of all, their whole bakery is a dedicated gluten-free (certified by the GIG) facility.  For those with further dietary restrictions, it's also dairy- and nut-free and all products are certified kosher (OU)[I'm not sure why it doesn't say lactose-free?]

Here are the ingredients for the Cinnamon Rugelech:
Gluten free flour (Potato Starch, Tapioca Flour, White Rice Flour, Brown Rice Flour, Sorghum Flour), Sugar, Canola oil, Egg, Water, confection Sugars, Orange Juice, Dry Yeast,  Xanthan Gum, Cinnamon, baking powder, Salt, Vanillin

No comments:

Post a Comment