Thursday, July 21, 2011

Home-cooking/baking

Made some brownies tonight with the  Betty Crocker Gluten-Free Mix.  It was my first time having Betty Crocker GF products, and I must say,  they were only so-so.  The texture was pretty good, but the brownies themselves were a bit bitter and had an aftertaste.  Nothing a little coffee ice cream couldn't fix, though! Unfortunately, I think I ate a bit too many, especially since I'm still healing from my slip-up the other day. . .

On another note, I've recently learned that La Choy soy sauce is gluten free!  How did I not know this?!  Although it may not be the best tasting soy sauce around, it's a nice compromise for gluten-eating friends who may be hesitant to purchase or use [the more-expensive] gluten free tamaris. So far I've eaten grilled vegetable kabobs and tofu stir fry that used this product, and I did not get sick either time.

This is a great segway into introducing a new feature soon to be on this blog: Gluten-free recipes from guest bloggers!  The dishes will appeal to the novice g-free chef, meaning minimal or common ingredients and uncomplicated preparation/cooking instructions.  Stay tuned for more info!

No comments:

Post a Comment