Monday, July 18, 2011

Ow.

The other day I got glutened.  It was totally my fault; I took a chance with something that I was almost certain had been cross-contaminated. 

Sometimes, I can't tell whether I've acccidentally ingested my enemy or just feel ill/off due to something else, like being over-stuffed or eating to much creamy goodness.  But it's times like this last one that remind me: I have Celiac Disease and it can--will--negatively impact my health and my life if I'm not careful.

People ask me what it feels like, being 'glutened'.  Well, it's different for everyone, and often a different reaction within myself.  A tell-tale sign for me, though, is like someone is raking over the inside of my intestines.  Like someone is poking them from the inside out. And I'm hungry, but thought of eating anything makes me feel nauseated.  Not that I wouldn't already feel nauseated.  The other consistent reaction I feel is fatigue; combined with the insomnia from not feeling well, it's always a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment